Audio: The Vital Role of Fathering by Josh McDowell

As a follower of Christ and father of 2 young girls, I am always looking for insight into how I can better my relationship with my daughters and lead them to Jesus. In this 2-part talk, author and speaker Josh McDowell powerfully demonstrates why the platform a father is given is like no other in the world, especially in the hands of the living God.

McDowell discusses:
  • the power of telling your son or daughter, "I love you."
  • why societies biggest problems can be traced back to the failure of men to be fathers and the break down of the family structure.
  • the damage that can be done in the lives of those who grow up with distant or absent fathers.
  • why it is not enough to tell our children the truth, but we must also live it out.
As McDowell says, "Rules without relationship lead to rebellion" and I encourage anyone who is a father, or planning to be a father, to listen to this talk. It is not one to be missed.

Part One can be found here and part two can be found here.

For more of McDowell's work, go here.

Courage and Godspeed,
Chad

Comments

Chad V. said…
Hey Chad,

I tried to click on the links for the audio but it kept giving me an error. I am not sure if it is something on my end or not. I actually may have heard Part I on Focus on the Family this week if this indeed the same message. Josh mentioned a conversation he had with George Walker Bush and George asked his father, George H.W. Bush, what is your great accomplishment? And he said something to the that all of his children come home to visit. I thought that was pretty cool. Not sure if this is the same message or not but if either way both stress the importance of being a father. I agree, you can never have enough insight. I am just a young Padawan when it comes to being a dad so always looking for some "Jedi" advice.

Thanks for sharing,
Chad said…
Hello Chad!

Try it now; it should work. Sorry about that, I'm not sure what happened!

This is the same message that you referenced in your comment. It is very powerful!

Godspeed
Terri said…
Raise your daughter to know the Lord and she will have a built-in chaperone.
-anon

Love your ministry!
Blessings,
Terri
Chad said…
"Musings,"

Great quote! And thank you so much for the encouragement and for following Truthbomb!

Godspeed